Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Your Place Under the Sun


I am, as of right now, a scrapper. (I've been a painter, a doll maker, a muralist, blah, blah blah...you get the point. ) I created this page last night for Boy #2,  who is currently away at a sleep away camp. The boy loves this place. If you look at the bottom left hand corner of the picture, you will see a small envelope I created. In the envelope is a small journal entry that reads "When  (my ex-husband/his father) died, the whole world seem chaotic. Then you found (the name of his sleepaway camp) and rediscovered peace."  And that, Good People, is the beauty of this page for me. In the mist of negotiating childhood grief, for at least a few weeks out of the year, my son can go and be free, be himself, sing his heart out, jump, run, roll, climb, tumble, swim, fall and eat dirt for all I care...just as long as he is happy. He can shed his cloak of sadness that sometimes seems unbearable to carry and just bask in his place under the sun. 
Yours in Struggle and Strength,
Caz

2 comments:

  1. Finally, a forum from the most creative mind I personally know. Thanks Caz. Consider me a faithful follower.

    Muzak

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very awesome page and awesome music!!!

    ReplyDelete